World Wide Web (www) Day, celebrated every year on 01 August, is a global celebration dedicated to web browsing, the online activity that connects the whole world, and provides a wealth of knowledge.
No one can deny the importance of the World Wide Web. In fact, most people rely on the World Wide Web in order to find out information and carry out tasks online every day. It is integral to a lot of jobs as well.
Many wonder “where would they be without the Internet?”. This is especially the case when there is an unexpected Internet outage, and one can’t get online. Every one finds themselves at a loss. The World Wide Web has made it possible to do so many things that were simply not achievable before. This includes catching up with friends and family members that live on the other side of the world, as well as finding out information about virtually any topic! It really is quite remarkable to think about the power that the Internet has today and how it has enriched our lives in so many different ways.
Exploring deeper online, one can witness some really interesting facts about the World Wide Web. It is incredibly insightful! For example, one can take a look at the first-ever image that was posted on the World Wide Web. This was uploaded in 1992 by Berners-Lee. It was a photo of Les Horribles Cernettes, which is a parody pop band that was founded by employees at CERN.
Jean Armour Polly, a librarian, is credited for coining the term “surfing the net”. This was as a consequence of an article she published called “Surfing the Internet” in March of 1992, in the Wilson Library Bulletin at the University of Minnesota.
Here are some more facts about the World Wide Web:
- The first computer used by Sir Tim Berners-Lee as a web server was a NeXT computer.
- This computer was also used to write the first web browser, WorldWideWeb.
- It was announced that the World Wide Web would be free to anyone in 1993.
- The launch of the Mosaic web browser in 1993 was a major turning point for the World Wide Web. It is credited with popularizing the World Wide Web.
- While the first popular search engine is known as Yahoo! Search, it is believed that Archie was the first of its kind. This was the first tool for FTP archive indexing, enabling people to locate specific files.
9 thoughts on “WORLD WIDE WEB DAY 2022 | QUIZ TIME!”
Web site is a very use app in this computer
Thanks a lot. Glad you found it useful.
Its very useful
Thanks a lot for your comment. Glad you found it useful.
Very effective and useful quiz
Thanks a lot. Glad you found it interesting and useful.